Since November 2010, Professor Neugebauer has been the chairman of the board of directors of the ZKS-UW/H, which is one of four interdisciplinary centres of the Witten/Herdecke University. All four centres support the main focus of research of the Faculty of Health, i.e. integrative and personalised public health care.
The ZKS-UW/H assists in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of clinical research projects, both industry-initiated and particularly investigator-initiated randomised multicentre
The main focus of the ZKS-UW/H lies on the compliance with international quality standards, regulatory requirements and international guidelines as well as on a central quality
Close cooperation between clinicians and researchers is guaranteed by rotating positions within the Witten/Herdecke University and the German Surgical Trial Network ’CHIR-Net’.
The service portfolio of the ZKS-UW/H includes all aspects involved in the implementation of all phases of clinical trials:
- Checking the practicability of clinical trial plans,
- Preparation of study protocols (according to GCP requirements),
- Biometrical planning and preparation of the statistical analysis plan,
- Implementation and reporting of biometrical analyses,
- Support with regard to regulatory requirements (ethics committee, federal authorities, clinical trial registration),
- On-site assistance in patient recruitment and data processing,
- Assistance in the design of case report forms (CRFs),
- Planning financial and human resources as well as infrastructure, particularly in industry-initiated trials,
- National and international trial organisation,
- Training programmes for clinical research personnel.